COURSE DETAILS: Working at Height
DURATION: 1/2 day
No OF TRAINEES: Max 10
Who should attend?
This programme is designed for Managers, Supervisors and operatives who may need to wok at heights, use ladders to do so, and/or require fall arrest protection
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of the need for safety, the legislation and dangers associated with working at heights. To enable delegates to be competent when working on roofs and to safely and correctly use harnesses, ladders and steps.
- Organisation and planning plus risk assessment
- Prevention of falls
- Fall arrest systems
- Safety awareness including practical exercise
- Access to high points
- Safe use of ladders and steps including practical exercise
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Summarise the work at height regulations and associated legislation and to be fully aware of their legal responsibilities
- Select the correct work equipment and restraint systems to prevent falls from height thus reducing risk to themselves and others
- Carry out inspections of equipment to ensure they are safe and fit for purpose
- Confidently select and don a harness correctly
- Safely select, position and secure ladders as access points or to use for work
Classroom based tutorials and practical demonstrations.