COURSE DETAILS: Slinger Signaller
Novice – 4 days
Experienced – 2 days
Refresher – 1 day
Who should attend?
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
To give foundation training and assessment towards the achievement of a trained operator card. Note: Candidates should note that the achievement of an operator card is dependent upon achievement of the end of course assessment.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Health and Safety / Regulations
- Lifting Procedures
- Establishing the weight and dimensions of loads and communicating this information to the crane operator
- Selecting appropriate lifting tackle, attaching and detaching it correctly and safely
- Directing the actions of a crane moving loads of various weights and dimensions, giving clear and unambiguous signals
- Determining the serviceability of lifting tackle, maintaining and storing it
- The duties and responsibilities of a slinger/signaller
- Lift Plans
- The effects of load movement on the stability of a crane
- Potential hazards associated with crane operation and how to overcome them
- The effect of varying the angles of multi-leg slings and how to calculate their safe working loads
- Operator problems of crane control
- Automatic safe load indicators
- Crane safety devices
A balance between practical exercises and classroom based tutorials. 70% practical and 30% theoretical
Course handouts include training notes.