COURSE DETAILS: Counterbalance/Reach/Side loader forklift truck
Novice – 5 days
Experienced 3 – days
Refresher 1 day
Who should attend?
Potential and existing operators who have received no formal instruction and those requiring refresher training.
To give foundation training and assessment towards the achievement of a trained operator card. Note: Candidates should note that the achievement of an operator card is dependent upon achievement of the end of course assessment.
- Health and Safety / Regulations
- Forklift truck operation Procedures
- Risk Assessment
- Operating the machine on all normal tasks for which the machine is designed.
- Deciding whether a particular load is safe to lift.
- Carrying out routine servicing procedures and maintenance in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Preparing the machine for driving on public highways.
- The purpose and capabilities of their machine and any relevant safety precautions necessary for its operation.
- How the machine works.
- The effect of load, size, weight, gradients and ground conditions upon machine stability.
- The loading, storage and transit of representative material.
- The basic construction of pallets.
- The permitted loading using fork extensions
A balance between practical exercises and classroom-based tutorials.
Course hand-outs include training notes.