COURSE DETAILS: Crane/Lifting Supervisor
DURATION: 3 days
Pre-Requisites: Candidates must hold a qualification in slinger signaller.
Who should attend?
Supervisors and managers with a responsibility for supervising lifting operation who have sufficient experience of use of cranes to meet the requirements for the safe use of cranes.
The position of Crane Supervisor carries a great deal of responsibility and only suitable personnel should be selected for this role. A self profiling form will be sent to you, this form will help you determine your level of knowledge.
Note: Candidates should note that the achievement of an operator card is dependent upon achieving the end of course assessment.
The candidates will be able to undertake duties of a Crane Supervisor as defined by the Appointed Person.
Successful candidates will gain knowledge and skills in:
- Legislation, regulations and Codes of Practice relating to lifting duties
- Lifting operation Procedures
- Risk Assessment
- Safe systems of work including method statements
- Personal responsibility
- Cranes: types and terms
- Crane documentation
- Crane stability, duty charts and safety devices
- Crane appreciation
- British Standard 7121
- Covers role of crane supervisor
- Covers role of appointed persons
- Preparing an area, with exclusion zones
Practical tasks in site conditions and classroom work.
Course handouts include training notes.